Monday, January 12, 2009


To start this Blog I thought a bit of a background might be in order. I started in railway modelling at the age of eight, and then stopped till the age of thirty-five, about six years ago.


As with many modellers the seed to model was planted along time ago, germination only happened a short time ago whilst visiting the Brisbane Model Railway Show. I met a couple of people, and joined a local club, to learn a bit more.
I did get a bit of a headspin by the terms and codes that were shared around the first time I visited the club. There were 3 letter codes, and four letter codes, that applied to the same wagons. All a bit much really, but, I was intrigued, and wanted to learn as much as I could.
Twelve months later and I was back at the Brisbane Show and entered the modelling comp. This was purely an excercise in completing a project, rather than an attempt to win. There's a photo here of my entry. A real hoot to enter, haven't done it since though...modelling seems to get in the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment