The saga of the BSV continues. I've charged the batteries in the camera, then the modem went and died! You can't imagine the stress this caused in the Burns hosehold, with four active internet users.
I mentioned the jigs I built in the previous post and I have to say that they make it so much easier to get a half decent result. I have two main ones for the construction of the wagon sides. The first one has a copy of a line diagram glued down then quite a few pieces of basswood to aid in holding everything still glued on top of this. This jig is used to construct the 'outer' of each side in styrene, then the same jig is used to construct a brass 'inner' that will have the bars added later. The idea being that the sides will match each other once glued together.
A second jig was built around a brass 'inner' side to hold it steady whilst soldering on the bars. This is a fiddly job, but I think the result is worth it. I've been using 15x40 thou brass bar and 15 thou brass wire to construct the sides. 40x40 thou styrene is used as spacers between the wire bars, and the spacing matches the scaled drawings exactly, that I can see anyway.
I've built other styrene jigs for the wagon ends, but still have to come up with one for the chassis.
More to model and less time to do it in!