The paste has dried, so on with the paint! I put on a light undercoat spray, then on with the tamiya and games workshop paint. Here they are listed in the order I painted them:
XF-22 rlm grey, over the whole tree as a base, thin with a few drops of isocol
61-19 vermin brown mix this,
61-81 graveyard earth with this, for an earthy tone for around the roots, and bark
XF-76 grey green a lighter hand with this, bit of a dry brush to bring out the bark
61-54 skull white just a light dry brush, highlights only though
61-75 black ink let the rest cure overnight, just to highlight the deep, shadowed parts
(nb. as I've noted later, do the ink before the last white dry brush, confused?)
The paint I have has thickened a bit, so I do thin it to 'milky'. Something I didn't write in the last post. For a first go using the acrylic paste I'm pretty happy with how it's come out, the paste can be worked a little as it dries so that you can add some texture if you like. The first coat of paste takes a bit of working to get it to stay where you want it. I found that if you put on a thin first coat, the second one will take a lot more on it to bulk it up.
These photos show the trunk before I've added the foliage. I like the texture I was able to work into the bark. The paste makes it fairly simple to make it smooth also, it just depends on how much you brush it as it dries. I did add a little black ink, then I remembered from last time I used it, to make sure I did the white dry brush after the ink, not before...bugger!
Here it is with the foliage added. It's pretty quick when you get to putting the 'leaves' on. Not too bad, just gotta get a spot on the layout to put it. That'll do for now,