The water tank stand has almost reached the stage of locating it on the layout. I used basswood for the stand, 'jarrah' wood stain and some G/W dark flesh paint to colour it up. I was trying to get the 'red oxide' look about it as was used everywhere in NSW.
The first photo shows the basswood before the dark flesh paint was applied. The jarrah woodstain is used so that not so much paint needs to be applied. See the fantastic 'jig' I've used in this shot, think I should patent it!
The second photo has the stand located on the layout. It also is a little redder as well with the extra paint now applied. You can probably see the cling wrap underneath it. I put down some sculptamold first shaped roughly to the shape required. Then I covered it with the cling wrap, placed the stand on top pressing it down into the sculptamold so that it was shaped around the base of the stand.
Off with the plastic and now it's time to wait for it to cure. Once it is I'll do the same in the centre, but removing the two horizontal feet that I put on to site the tank on a flat surface.
Just a quick post this week,