An interesting feeling came over me this week, one of a calm almost pleasant feeling about construction of the current module. This is the second time for the basic construction, with 70x19mm pine used instead of the twisting and flexing 19x42mm. Now with a 400mm distance betweeen uprights for the track supports. So why this strange feeling? Well I think it's brought about because things are working 'right'.
I mentioned in a previous post that I'd bought a Modratec non interlocked frame for the operation of the points and signals. I put it together on the weekend and the kit is a good one and goes together without any drama. Well almost, I did have an issue with the ball bearings being inserted into the levers. Not that it was an issue with the kit, really it was a combination of eagerness, poor choice of tools and a forty-one year olds eyesight! Yep almost every time the ball of steel decided that the sping was there to launch itself into the air... I waited with frustrated anger for the 'Tink' as it hit the floor. I really can't post the actual words spoken, but you get the idea. If I take out the ball bearing part of the constuction, it was probably about an easy hour to put it together.
The lever frame is now mounted on the module and the links to the points are currently being installed. The next step this weekend should see the backdrop go into place and all going well the holes put in for the light pelmet. That part I plan to put in place permanently when the trackwork and base scenic structure is in place. That should give me a bit more working space, and I won't need the lights untill the 'colouring' of the module.
So let's hope that my time planning works this weekend, have a good one, Geoff.